Re: DST any ideas what I might be doing wrong

> I have updated the DTS for my area,
> NYC, on my computer for my Napco
> software. I update the panel and it
> says time is withing limits but it does
> not change. My computer has the
> correct time but the panel still shows
> an hour behind.
>
> I am using the latest windows version
> of the napco software.

Have you updated the chip in the panel yet?
Napco is supplying the version 50 chip free
(you have to pay for shipping but that's only
a couple of dollars).  Once you have the new
chip you can change the DST parameters
so the panel automatically sets the time for
the new DST.

If your system was professionally installed
your dealer should swap the chip for you.
They'll probably charge you for the service
visit since the DST change was not something
under their control.

If you have no alarm company, contact me
and I'll arrange for a chip to be sent to you.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics