Re: remodeling house, need to move sensors

> Understand that he's now voiding any
> warranty on the system the second
> he moves or services the components,
> and if any devices become damaged
> he's responsible for replacement at
> ADT's rates...

That's true and I should have thought to
mention it.  However, if they come out
he's going to pay nasally for their work
anyway.

> He's better off just paying for the
> service call...

That depends.  If he's a klutz and he
ruins the parts by moving them I agree.
If he's reasonably careful though, he
can probably do it without breaking
anything.  Most wired sensors are
sturdy enough to withstand normal handling.
Wireless components don't even require
running new cable and if they're being used
in the same type of openings as originally,
no programming is needed.

It's a judgment call he has to make whether
he can do it without breaking stuff.  I've
found that most DIYers can though I admit
there are some who would be better off
avoiding contact with screwdrivers and
other implements of destruction.  :^)

--