Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

On Jun 18, 9:19?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Jun 17, 11:53?am, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > No it doesn't, I know they list a lot of panels on the site but at the
> > > moment it only supports Ademco 15P/20P and DSC Power series.
>
> > Well then, maybe you otta call them up and ask them. I posed as an end
> > user and asked about it's capabilities and told them I had a Napco
> > 9600. They said it would work with their device. So maybe it's their "
> > V2" etc. I didn't ask about their V1
>
> They only have 1 version and it doesn't support Napco yet, but hey now would
> be a great time for you to test it wouldn't it?-

I only know what the guy told me. The 9600 was compatable, according
to him.

Not likely I'd test it.
A lot to do with the fact that central stations that aren't in my area
don't give me what I want. Clients like the fact that their central is
local. I like the fact that I can meet the operators, drop off gifts
during the holidays, buy an occasional lunch and knowing that the
manager knows that I can come down there in no time to find out what
the fuck is going on! There's no such thing as a disinterested
operator or unresponding manager at any of my centrals. Ive met and
had lunch with all of them.

 It wouldn't be the same with someone I've never met, who's 1000 miles
away, who knows that I"M a 1000 miles away.