Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

On Jun 13, 10:29?pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I could be wrong but I think that the difference is that cable digital phone
> providers use their own cable infrastucture, while  VoIP uses the public
> internet
>
> Doug
>
> --
>
> "JoeRaisin" <joerai...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Anyone know the specifics?- Hide quoted text -

I also believe you're right.

Here, we have Cablevision. I've got dozens of people using their cable
telephone service. They don't call it VoIP or Digital telephone. They
refer to it as Optimum Voice. At a meeting they did say that they are
required to provide for other companies VoIP services, such as Vonage,
but they said that their service had dedicated bandwidth while the
others were allocated a narrower bandwidth which could vary depending
upon usage.

I've had some problems with downloading, but only with a couple so
far.

As far as I'm concerned, VoIP is working here. But .... I still have
my clients sign a waver.