4208U

Hi, Two Ademco problems:

I connected a 4208U to a Vista 50ADT Panel.  What should the zone type
be for the 4208 (zones 10-16).  I tried "07" - referenced by DIP
switch, and all the zones (which have the 10K resistors) come up as
fault zones, with an addition zone 97 as a fault zone (based upon the
4208 faulting).  I do not have a resistor on the "A" zone which is not
used when you use zones 9-16.  Resistance (before power applied comes
up at approx. 9.8 K on my DVM (so I have the right resistors in).
Each zone is homerun to a single window that has foil.  Is their an
EOL that connects accross the polling loop, as the manual shows a
picture of something coming out of the right side of the first 4208U
(or is that just a symbol to mean protection zones)?  I also set the
zones up with the same protection zone as the first 9, and as a
perimeter zone (03).  On the 50P panel, I used 24 as + and 25 as -,
however, why is there a "+" sign under pin 25?

The second problem is that I wanted to change the default access code
from 1234 to ABCD (meaning 4 different numbers).  Somehow I also
changed the installer default code from 6*** to ABCD (my new security
code).  How do I change the installer code back to 6*** and leave the
security code unchanged?  Life was so simple using the Ademco 100
series (a battery and 3 little relays (no electronics in the panel).