Re: Best Low-Light Low-Cost Security Camera?

On Jun 27, 2:16 am, gmark <g...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anybody have recommendations for a low-cost security camera that's
> actually good in low light?
>
> Are the units integrating IR LEDs any good?
>
> TIA!
>
> Mark

from buffalo ny:
regarding your project, your who/what/where/when/why/how answers will
narrow down your choices, some ir's are visible as red at night, if
your front porch camera is indoors behind glass those lights will
cause a reflection. maybe your camera needs to be in an outdoor heated
enclosure to monitor a basement water meter subject to freezing for
example. to me i needed a wide viewing angle and low lux for the front
door. the color cameras usually shift to black and white after dark,
so you need to review specs if you need more light. a simple indoor
installation to monitor a wandering grandma might be a simpler indoor
camera on a motion sensing alarm trigger circuit related to a full
door and window triggered home alarm. may i suggest you browse your
camera needs here, i have purchased from this ebay seller, a favorite
of mine, and he has excellent item descriptions:
http://stores.ebay.com/Dennis6z7a