Re: OT: The Sopranos finale -wtf?

On Jun 10, 11:36 pm, G. Morgan <n...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tell me, honestly.
>
> How many of you changed the channel thinking the cable/sat was out?

I ran to another TV.  I'll never forget my wife yelling at me - "it's
over, that's the end" and me flipping through channles on the other
set.  The Sopranos finale had me running from my chair - something
only "Grey's Anatomy" and its clones can accomplish...if for
completely different reasons.

> I did!
>
> What a terrible ending...  Chase just gave all of his fans a big
> middle finger.

I disagree - Chase DID give us the ending, he just didn't draw the
picture for us.  We have enough to know exactly what's going to happen
with reasonable certainty.  The last scene before the restaurant had
Tony visiting the now (genuinely) dementia-ridden Uncle Junior.  "You
used to run all of North Jersey", Tony says.  Obviously he was neither
whacked nor flipped - we can easily expect that Tony will avoid those
same pitfalls and suffer that same fate, all the while enduring an
existence where being murdered or jailed remains an ever-present
possibility.  In a real sense, T is no better off than he was at the
end of the prior episode, sleeping with his feet to the door and his
hands around an assault-rifle.  I heard a lot of viewers complaining
about the lack of closure - which is apparently a conceit of American
TV.  If you want closure, stick with Grey or keep your set glued to
Lifetime.  Thank you, Mr Chase - thank you for giving your viewers
some truly great entertainment.