Re: POS integration

"Tommy" <tommy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Xns997ED790B388Ftommynospamcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a customer with a Gilbarco pos system and he wants to tie in the pos
> data to the video picture.
> I have the equipment but i have not done this with the gilbarco system
> before.
>
> Anyone out there have any experience with the gilbarco products? They have
> not been very helpful so far.
>
> the main thing i want to know is what format they feed out the data port?

American Video Equipment (one of our vendors) makes POS interfaces for Gilbarco cash registers.  There are different interface
requirements for the different Gilbarco models and the connectors on them.  Here are the ones we carry.  Since you're in the alarm
trade you can order direct from AVE.

- Gilbarco Passport:
  VSI-Pro (02-314) & Triport DB15 (08-013) or DB9 (08-014)
- Gilbarco PCG SITE (RJ-45):
  VSI-Pro (02-077) & Triport PC-G (08-001)
- Gilbarco TCG-G2 (DB37):
  VSI-Pro (23-003) & Triport 08-091
- Gilbarco TCR-15 G-Site (DB-25):
  VSI-Pro (02-075) & Triport (08-026) & Cable (06-023)

Here's info on AVE (my website):
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/vsi_pro_cash_register_interfaces_1557_ctg.htm

Here's AVE's page for selecting what you need:
http://www.americanvideoequipment.com/technical_support/vsi_compatibility.htm

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass