Re: Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

FYI you can't connect 35 individual zones to the panel without adding SIM
modules or zone expanders. If you prewired the contacts that great.
Unfortunately the rest is not that simple. The way you drilled the windows
and sealed (or didn't seal) the contacts in the frame is going to be one
issue. The alignment of the magnet and the switch is another. The type of
connections you made using solder and tape, or silicon filled beans, or
worse yet dry beans is going to be something else. Since all you can see is
a rip-off by the alarm company, all I can see is a nightmare for an
installer. Just because you ran the wire doesn't mean it hasn't been broken
or grounded by the sheet rocker, electrician, plumber, HVAC guy etc. If you
never did an alarm trim out you don't know all the problems that can come
with it.
If you want the cheapest price you're going to get the cheapest work. Quit
shopping for price and look for someone you can trust to give you value
instead. Considering we offer a full one year parts and labor warranty,
would I do a full trim out on a customer provided prewire for only $35 per
opening? Not likely. If you're into DIY I think you need to carry it all the
way, not pass off the job half way through and then bitch about getting
ripped off.

<adv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Jul 31, 8:16 am, "Roland More" <NoSpamrol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It might not be a matter of just connecting the wire to the panel but
some
> > programming as well. If they are only charging you $35 to do it that is
> > bargain. Most service calls around here are $75 per hour (local only).
There