Re: Everplex 4cq probs

Noweldrecumbent wrote:
> Yep a 12VDC 8 channel camera supply, it does nothing
>
> "Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Noweldrecumbent wrote:
>>> I recently picked up a used 4 camera processor. I tried to power it up
>>> using 12volts. Didn't notice any on switches other than the normal
>>> sequence and program buttons. Should this at least light up when applying
>>> dry power without cameras or monitor connected, it doesn't do anything.
>>> Thanks
>>> dave
>> Did you try powering it up with the proper power supply?

There are a number of reasons why it wouldn't respond.  You still
haven't mentioned if you're using the power supply that came with the
unit.  Chances are (because you haven't mentioned it), you're not.
Which means you're *assuming* the input required is 12VDC.  Then there's
the matter of the adapter plug...  If you have the wrong polarity,
you're liable to not get it to respond at all...