need help with home IP camera choice

I want to install one outdoor camera so I can see who is at my door or
perhaps loitering at the bottom of my stairs.  I want ot monitor this
activity from my PC one floor above the door.   I have no need to view
this remotely from any pc around the world....

 As I am in process of framing the house, so I can choose a camera
that needs a 110 volt line, or it can be power over ethernet.  I want
to limit sending on the camera to $200 to $300.  The area will be lit
at night by a motion detector, so I don't need lighting built into
camera.   I have no need to record what's going on either....  I
suppose I need the camera to have a motion detector built into it so
it is not constantly running.   Will I need software installed on PC
to view images from camera?   thanks much for any help!  Jim