Re: Oil Refinery

On Jul 20, 9:14 pm, "Just Looking" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I thought of that. Bosch Gen 3 cameras had a pressurized model we used,
> but I haven't gotten a good answer from the rep on a Gen 4 equivalent model.

Before you get too worried about explosion proof cameras, definitely
find out if any of them will be in an explosive atmosphere.  Those do
exist within a refinery but they don't comprise the major portion of
the environment.

In any case, Extreme also makes explosion proof camera units.  Here's
a link:
http://www.extremecctv.com/products.php?producttype_id=4&whichpage=1

We get a fair number of orders from government and military buyers.
They rarely know the hardware -- just the make and model number
they've been asked to source.  One buyer called for some explosion
proof mafnetic contacts from GE Security.  While I was taking her
information, she asked, "How can these things withstand an
explosion?"  :^)

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com