Re: 2 or 4 wire smoke detector question.

"BoyntonStu" <stu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Do any 4 wire units have a built in battery backup as do 110 VAC units?

I do not know of any.  They are backup powered by the battery in the alarm
panel.

However, I get half a dozen calls a year from people claiming the alarm
connected smoke is beeping.  It never is.

I get some other calls too....

Keypad beeping, but everyithing shows normal on display.
VCR rewind needed buzzer nearby was active.

Fire Alarm Panel Beeping, but annunciator shows everything normal.
Paper shredder in communications room indicating jam warning.

Keypad beeping every night at 3:45 am.
Digital clock on nearby shelf set for 3:45 am alarm.

Window contact beeping.
Old battery smoke in drawer indicating low battery.

And of course there are the folks who have moved into a house with an alarm
and never used it, and never serviced it and then want free service at 3 am
because my alarm is beeping.  LOL.  "No my alarm is fine.  I take care of my
alarm and have it serviced properly.  Its not beeping.  Is your alarm
beeping?"

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from,

Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
P.O. Box 5720