Re: Sucks to be me

Nick Markowitz Jr. wrote:
> They have verified it has hit my liver  which makes it level 4 cancer how
> ever they say colon cancer is one of the strange ones where some times it
> will stay in the liver and
> i can keep it in check for a while.
> going to start radiation next week to stop the bleeding then chemo next week
> thru aport where i will carry a pump on me and they will fill it once a week
> for 6 weeks.
> i plan to nutrtuonally supplement as weel to keep my imune system strong as
> well to help fight the cancer and allow drugs to do there thing.
> this is not the first time i have hit a major road block in my life i was
> told 15 years ago to go on disabilty and no longer work and i plan to prove
> the doctors wrong again.
> i may not come out of this 100% like whatbhappened last time and i will once
> again have to alter my life style but at leaset i wont be sitting in a chair
> all day and be able to contribute to society.
> Thank you all for the kind words and i will give you progress reports as we
> go.

Nutritional supplements aren't the best way to go.  My Doctor advocates
a well balanced diet that includes lots of green leafy veggies,
(broccoli's high on the list), and fruit.  Overdosing on supplements may
only serve to tax your liver which, at this stage, may not be the best
thing for it.  Both my parents died of the "big C", and with that
thought in mind I'm getting checkups every six months (in addition to my
Pilot's medical).

All the best to you, Nick.