Re: Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

news:1183520436.716359.298970@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Thats not the case.
>
> That's not the case????
> You only deal with the people who can't program them so you think that
> nobody can or that everybody doesn't use them. The people who can
> program them have no use for you. And anyone stupid enough to use a
> National central station can't be that bright to begin with.

You are the only one who seems to think people can't program them since I
never said that, what I have said was they are much more difficult and time
consuming than they need to be and by looking at the new versions with
toggle options instead of adding different values even Napco knows this

> Yes ..... in my area Napco is the predominant panel. I'm sure there
> are other areas where other equipment is more popular than Ademco too.
> I seem to remember that in some of the nothern mid west states, there
> were a number of fairly large alarm companys that were exclusive FBI
> for decades.

Thats because FBI was cheap low-end product, around here it's the DSC
1550/1555.

> As far behind in technology as Ademco has been for decades, it can
> only be due to their multiple points of distribution and their deep
> pockets that keeps them a major supplier.

No not really

> > Napco was carried by ADI so they had the coverage, I wonder if it could
be
> > umm.....HARD TO PROGRAM?
> >
> > Naa-
>
> And Napco stopped selling to ADI. I wonder if it could be
>
> Ummm
> they pushed Ademco ABOVE EVERY OTHER PANEL?
>
> Naa-.

Considering the fact that they barely seem to ever give a shit what I buy
there I doubt that