Re: Ademco Vista Programming

Just wanted to give you all an update seeing as I started this thread.
I purchased the 128BP and various other accessories.  I downloaded the
Compass software and used it to program the panel and all my x-10
outputs.

The compass software is great - Thanks Mr. Bass.  I'm sure Ademco
didn't mind you offering me the software seeing as it prompted me to
purchase over $1,000 of their hardware.

Roland, thank you for your concern around my technical ability, if you
must know I worked for an electrician after HS in where I spent most of
my time installing fire suppression system and PLC's.

Today, I am a Critical Facilities Manager, responsible for all MEP gear
supporting a large computer data center.  The systems I am responsible
for include basic photo smoke heads, Early Warning Detection systems,
HCL detectors and clean agent fire suppression systems (FE-227a) with a
pre-action backup.  All controlled by Fike's new Cheetah XI panel.

And yes, I had a bit of trouble using the "direct-wire" method - but
took a scientific approach and worked out the bug.

Just because I'm a DYI'er, doesn't mean I'm an idiot.  Why is
that always the assumption of the "professional's?"

My system works perfectly, a big thank you to Robert Bass for your help
and advice.

Happy New Year everyone.

Rob