Re: Master password

Dear Robert,

I have a Napco Gemini 3200 board with defective serial port . I decided
to replace it and bought an used one  from a friend. The problem is: He
missed its master code and  I need to recover it. Difficult ship this
board to the States  cause I live in Brazil.
Would you help me on recovering its master code? I could make a
international phone call for security reasons.
Many thanks,

Nelson Cunha
{ njcunha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx }

> > In this case Bass is right...
>
> I'm always right.  It's just that sometimes I'm more right than others.  =
:^)

> > Napco finally did post the latest 5.41
> > version of their software sometime
> > on or after the 8th of December...
>
> Apparently they were working on the site since most of the files were una=
vailable for a few days.  Once they finished all was
> working again.  Nonetheless, I liked their old website much better than t=
he current version.

> > Bass says he lets his customers use
> > Quickloader software so he must have
> > a technique to get it to them...
>
> Yep, and it's a perfectly lawful one.
>
> >> Second: he posted a default PW for
> >> dealer SW ... not that big a deal...
>
> It's common knowlegde.  In fact, the PDF instruction file and the Readme =
file are available all over the WWW.

> > I figured he would "help" the guy out.
> > With as much experience as Bass has with this Quickloader thing, I thou=
ght
> > he would tell the guy how to use a SQL editor and give him a script to
> > straighten out the database password thing...
>
> I don't know how to do that or I'd share it with all of you (unlike my fr=
iend from Tampa) as well as anyone else who needed it.  IMO
> the problem is a flaw in the SW but since Napco didn't hire me to write t=
heir SW they can fix it themselves.

> > Perhaps reloading the software will fix
> > the problem as Bass suggests.
>
> It does and if one uses the same master password the data files will be r=
eadable.  But reloading and reconfiguring the SW is a pain.
> I try to warn people so they can avoid problems.
>
> > You've probably had to use a SQL
> > editor to straighten out a few database bugs on some DVR unit, or a scr=
ewed
> > up access control database at least a time or two...
>
> Not likely.  Most of these guys don't know what SQL is.
>
> > I guessed there was a similar type work
> > around for the Quickloader thing that
> > Bass would know, especially since he
> > knew the problem.
>
> Nope.  I know the problem and I know how to avoid it but I don't have a h=
andy fix.

> >> Third:  He managed to get a 'slam'
> >> at an ASA regular,  Mark Leuck.
>
> Kicks and giggles, right?
>
> > To be fair other posters seldom miss
> > a chance to get at Bass either. I think in some twisted way both sides =
like
> > it too much to stop.
> >
> > If he thinks I am ignoring him out of
> > slight and not concern for him as a
> > fellow human being and takes offense
> > at it then so be it...
>
> I hadn't given it any thought.  You don't post trash so I try to treat yo=
u with respect.  You can ignore that or not.  Either way I
> have no bone to pick with you.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass