Re: Hook in AC Fire Alarms to Security System

I believe for line carrier to work (send a signal) there actually have to be
AC sine wave present, which means it won't work if there's no AC.

I don't know about others but when I do residential fire, not only do I run
the smokes in firewire, but also; power, siren, keypad and fone...not that
the wire is fire proof but at  least it may last a little longer.