Re: alarming a detached garage

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:sCXoh.597442$R63.379557@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> JerseyMike wrote:
> > a buddy of mine had Slomans out to his house and put in a security
system
> > but the company told him that they would have to run a seperate key pad
for
> > the garage since it was detached from the main house (only about 25 feet
> > from the house).  i told him that was wierd since he has a telephone
line
> > and a cable tv line running to the garage from the house.  am i wrong
about
> > that or were they just trying to pad the bill?
> >
> > thanks for any help
> >

> Dunno.  Right now you're trying to "second guess" the guy at Slomins
> without knowing what kind of system he has installed.  It would help us
> to know what equipments on site and some more details about what they're
> proposing to install.

i'm not really sure about what was installed to be honest it just seemed
strange to me, but i'm not a pro.  i think he said they put in some window
alarms and door sensors.  i thought for sure he'd put in some motion
detectors in the garage or somehting like that, but i'm not sure what he
decided on.

thanks.......