Re: NAPCO RP1-CAE2 KEYPAD PROBLEMS...

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > George Siegle wrote:
> > > With the recent power outages on the West Coast from the wind storms.
> > >
> > > I have had two different systems, both P-9600 with multiple keypad on
> the system,  on power up the keypad compatibility number change in the
> keypad. Only one keypad as well per site, so not as if it was a single site
> issue.
> > >
> > > I also had a site do this last year as well.
> > >
> > > Anyone else ever run into this?
> >

> > I use Napco panels exclusively. Long long time ago, I had some issues
> > with the "compatibility" feature in a commercial job. Now that I do
> > mostly residential, I don't use that feature. I'd suggest that if you
> > don't have to use it for a high security situation, there's no reason
> > to do so. Could never figure out what real purpose it had anyway.
>
> It's an anti-takeover measure, Paradox has it as well

I KNOW what it's SUPPOSED to be but what difference does it make if
someone changes a keypad on a job, or not? No one could take over the
job if they can't get into the panel anyway ..... is what I was
alluding to. I guess it's to stop someone from stealing your keypad?
I haven't heard of a rash of keypad stealing, in many moons.
On the other hand, Jim DOES seem to have a lot of them in his garage.