Re: DCS Power 832

> I did a bit more research as to how to get it into Installer Programming Mode, and it turns out that the company "configured" the
> system when I bought the house about three years ago (existing home - the system was already installed in the house) - somehow
> programmed in their own installer code or whatever it's called when they set up the system, and they've refused to give me the
> code that they programmed in so I could change the programing on the unit on my own ! ! !  I read on one site how I could reset
> the installer code by jumpering some connections and such, but I had visions of the system going off with no way to shut it off
> besides clipping the wires.
>
> This just doesn't seem right - it's my system - I own the system along with the house - I only contracted with them for monitoring
> services - I decided not to renew the monitoring service contract after a year or two - now I find that I'm locked in to them if I
> want to use the system - doesn't seem right to me - I may give them a call tomorrow and help them see it my way.

Unfortunately, this kind of rip-off is all too common within the alarm industry.  The panel can be defaulted for a small fee by Jim
Rojas of Tampa, FL if you're in the USA.  Canadians can send the board to Bob Campbell (aka Tourman).  Both are honest, decent folks
who undo these "program locks" routinely.

> Like buying a car - and finding out you can only go to the dealer for gas.

Exactly!

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass