Re: DCS Power 832

You are absolutely right on the money. Here is the case that happens SO
often and which I constantly get shit over on the newsgroup because I
complain about it. This is no way for any professional company to act,
and many people in the industry seem to not only turn a blind eye to
it, but insist these things don't happen very often. Or they'll come
back implying you are not being straight about this. This is the sort
of self serving industry crap that the buying public so often have to
put up with. No damn wonder so many people take a jaundiced view of
those selling monitoring services !!

All the previous company needs to do is dial in and change the
installer code back to factory - nothing more. They don't need to give
you their installer code (nor would I either for that matter). While
they are at it, they can disable the dialers and remove all their
"proprietary information"at the same time PLUS remove the lockout
feature to ensure you or your next company can easily reprogram it.

 I suggest you talk to them again, and let them know that this is YOUR
private property, and they are keeping you from legitimate use of YOUR
property (which may be illegal in your jurisdiction), and that you will
take it to not only the authorities, but the local newspaper, and the
the Better Business Bureau in your area. Be firm but polite. Once they
know you are not the usual customer who will take this sort of abuse,
they likely will relent, but at some sort of service charge no doubt.
If this is a modern panel, they don't (or damn well shouldn't) have to
send a tech out on site either to do it, since all modern panels can be
uploaded / downloaded with software available to all dealers from the
manufacturers.

I wish you luck. If this doesn't work, contact me privately, and I
guarantee we can put your panel back to usable shape.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
www.homemetal.com