Changing the call list

I've run across this problem several times in the past, and have never found
a fool proof method.

The alarm went off this morning. The owner's cell phone was called. He is
fourth of fifth on the call list, yet nobody else was called. He's only 1000
miles away.

Problem 2 (now resolved because I moved). I was on the call list, and
received calls for several years after I closed sold the business. I told
them I would call the police if they continued calling me at 3:00am. They
never stopped, until I moved.

Problem 3. They won't change the call list. They say they will, but the next
time it goes off, they call the 'old' number again.

Three different companies.

Any ideas?