Re: Coax as data cable

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:59:04 -0600, "Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I like the Version 8 DiBos too. Unfortunately this is only temporary until
>we put X1600 units in. Since I got certificate number 120 on the training
>for BVIP I don't think there is a lot of the BVIP product installed just
>yet. I'll let you know how it goes, if it doesn't eat my ass too badly.
>I discovered another regional preference. It seems folks that post here use
>Muxlab Baluns. In our area I have only seen NiTek and we typically use the
>Twisted Sender system. I had to call ADI to figure out they carried the
>Muxlab line. Unfortunately the guy at the counter said he didn't remember
>ever selling any of that brand, but would be glad to sell me some. I don't
>even know who else carries Muxlab around here, but I am going to find out.

I've never even heard of Muxlab.  That's one of the challenges in this
industry.  There are so many products out there that it's impossible
to know them all.  Were struggling to trim our approved products list
while trying to appease our customers who all seem to have their
favorites.

I was involved in one government project using VIP encoders and a
VIDOS about 6 months ago.  We've got another installation going on
right now with a DIBOS and a mix of analog cameras and IP cameras.  We
looked at a lot of IP systems and Bosch seemed like a better system
than Pelco Endura, SmartSight, Intellex IP, etc.  Some of it is the
great support we get from Bosch and their MR's.