Re: Gemini P3200 - * ZONES FAULTED ***

> so now you make fun of the way black people spell?
What kind of whack job are you? And how old are you?
I made fun of the way YOU spell. Are you every black person? I don't think
so.

> I am not a racist because black people can't be racist
I don't know what race you are, besides your race doesn't matter to me at
all. You don't know for certain what race I am, so what if I am black too.
What does that make of you and your statement?

> I am not a racist because black people can't be racist
That has to be the most stupid AND at the same time racist statement I have
ever heard. How does being ANY race, let alone being black, make you immune
from racist feelings or being a racist. Let's see. When someone like Jesse
Jackson refers to Jews as Hymies, or Louis Farrakhan makes remarks against
Jews or the Jewish community as a whole that is not racism in some form? Are
you nuts or just yanking my chain? Remember Alexander Palmer Haley? You know
the writer Alex Haley? He wrote Roots, as well as the Autobiography of
Malcolm X. Black? Admitted to having racist feeling? Yep! Racist? According
to him in his own words he had racist feelings against the Japanese. He
blamed it on the war (WWII). There is more to racism than just black/white
racism as it exists in this country today.

> I am not a racist because black people can't be racist
That is such a stupid statement I have to have another bite at it.
What happened then from April to June 1994 in Rwanda? One million Tutsis
were massacred by Hutus. Ethnic hatred is not racism? According to you one
million Tutsis people should be alive today because they were black and
couldn't be racist. The racist part of that scene is that the whole world
gave up on those poor people and let them die. If they were some other race
would they be alive today? If I had to bet I'd say yes, but we'll never know
for certain. To all the folks that had the power to stop it and didn't, they
will have to live with that guilt and shame for the rest of their days.

>or do you think that black people are not good enough to be in the alarm
>industry because of the way they speak and spell?
Man you don't know a thing about me. I am talking to YOU. Not a black you.
Just YOU. I want to see a document making you the whole of any race. One of
the hardest working guys I know in the industry happens to be black. One of
the smartest guys I know in the industry, who happens to be black as well,
is who I call on regularly for help. I wish I could put a USB port on the
back of his head to download all the information he has. I think there are
real differences between them and you. The hardest working guy? He wouldn't
have time to talk about this nonsense because he has a job to go to "right
now". The smartest guy? Well for one he can spell, and two he sees me for
being me. Not some particular race, because that doesn't matter to him, he
sees me as me and as his friend. We have been in situations where he has
confronted other black folks on my behalf and said "Let up dawg". That is
rare however and the only time race is ever brought up, (except when he
pulls one on me). If you are in fact black I hope you can stop seeing
yourself as only that. I hope you can one day see yourself, and all people,
as just that, just people. I hope the people you have as friends, or enemies
for that matter, is based on what's inside where it matters, and not on
what's outside, where it doesn't count at all. If you are black and have
concerns about racism I think you won't find black/white racism as much
anymore as overtly displayed words or behavior. If you study folks like
Robert Moses and what he did to the black community in New York you'll find
that racism is now following a subtler and more sinister form. It is harder
to see, and thus harder to root out, and its effects are far more
devastating.