Re: Question about ADT Alarm System Contract

On 20 Feb 2007 12:57:30 -0800, "jjgitties" <jj.gitties@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hello, are based in Toronto, Canada.
>
>We signed a ADT contract 5 years ago with the free installation and
>have been getting charged monthly every since. I guess my quesiton is,
>at what point do I own the system? Can I ask to get a newer system or
>something? How long does this keep going. We haven't heard peep from
>ADT ever since they installed it.
>
>jj

Read your never ending contract...it automatically renews......
There are only certain times you can stop the contract.

Check your system to make sure it works before calling ADT.
Send an alarm and see if they call you. Notify the local
constables that you're checking the system, so they don't
charge you for a false alarm and send out the mounted police.

If ADT doesn't call you or dispatch the police...it's not working and
you could be paying for services you're not receiving.

Norm Mugford