Re: Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> a écrit dans le message de
news: sZqdnRf-67ZeIybYnZ2dnUVZ_qGjnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> "Private alarm contractor" does not include a
>>> person, firm, or corporation that manufactures
>>> or sells alarm systems only from its place of
>>> business and does not sell, install, monitor,
>>> maintain, alter, repair, replace, service, or
>>> respond to alarm systems at protected
>>> premises or premises to be protected."
>>
>> Maybe my english is not good enough...
>
> Now there's an understatement.
>
>> or something else,but what i read in the secound part of the quote is
>> exactly what you do:
>>
>> "and does not sell, install, monitor, maintain, alter, repair, replace,
>> service, or respond to alarm systems at protected premises or premises to
>> be protected."
>>
>> If we read carefully,we see that to
>> be exempt from the law someone
>> should not sell alarm system to a
>> protected premises or to be protected
>> promises...
>
> The first paragraph very clearly states
> that a company which only sells from
> its place of business is not a "Private
> alarm contractor" and thus is not
> required to be licensed.
>
>> your online activity,is exactly that..
>
> Online, yes.  It's not subject to license
> requirements in any state.
>
>> you sell to the owner of those premises,
>> when they are inside that premises (in
>> front of there pc),and you even send the
>> stuff to the premises...
>
> That much is true.  In order to purchase
> online my customer must be in front of his
> PC.  However, I don't see any mention of
> where the client may be seated...  :^)

ok now that you say everything is right,I must be ok in continuing that when
you offer remote programming to the same user you are altering the alarm
system,so you are considered a "Private alarm contractor"

shall we read again...

"and does not sell, install, monitor,maintain, alter, repair, replace,
service, or respond to alarm systems at protected premises or premises to be
protected."

and helping someone maintaining his alarm system,by sending documentation,or
giving some knowledge...could fall in there too...

maybe you should be careful bAss to who you "deal" with...ya never know!