Re: Home Depot Motion Sensor, On when power is turned on.

Might I remind you Robert I  get hired by insurance carriers to determine
cause and origin of electrical fires they do in fact base
insurance payouts in some states like mine on comparative negligence and I
have seen them refuse to pay and or greatly reduce payment based on how
policys are written. Modification of appliances is a big  no no

I have to apear in court thursday becuse i took pictures of a fire I was
involved in putting out and helping a local FM investigate which caused
$500,000.00 they belive started from a improperly installed  fire place
chimmney spark arrester
that supposedly sent a spark the oposite way the wind was blowing 400 feet
that caught woods on fire and destroyed a large home and several cars.in
2001

Please do not tell me what insurance companys will or will not do. To pay or
not pay a claim since 9-11 the whole insurance industry has completley
changed . The days they just pay and do nothing about who or how it started
are over if blame can be assisgned and collection is possible they will
pursue it. I see it every day.
look at all the Katrina claims they did not pay on comming up with every
excuse they could and now state DA's are going after them.
Any one in the alarm industry who thinks there contracts protect them or the
claim is so small they wont try anything against me is badly mistaken. look
at the loop hole they found in the ADT case in NJ that has NBFAA in a
tizzie.
If some one gets hurt or dies because of something it gets even stickier and
who said batteries do not cause fires especailly now that something has been
modified and violates the UL manufactuers lable. when a manufactuer makes a
device and tests it and affixs a lable there stating the device as
manufactuered is safe and any modification violates the label and
manufactuers  claims and warranty.
just like when a switch goes bad on a lamp or garden prunner etc and some
one drills a hole and adds a different typeof switch .to bypass the bad
switch.
The days of the old tinker are very much  discouraged in todays litigise
world.