Re: Hospitality fire alarms

Yup.  Invariably we're upgrading an existing system and most have been wired
conventionally.  On new systems it's a "toss-up" and depends on what the
Engineer has spec'd and what the electrician is comfortable dealing with.
Unlike most jurisdictions in the US, in BC, you have to be an electrician to
install fire alarm systems.  Some of the guys are pretty good at it too
(familiar with the code issues and wiring requirements), but for those that
aren't they'll call in someone like me.  :)

Regards,
Frank