Re: online DMP dealers?

"Barney" <spam@xxxxxx> writes:
> "blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Well, the installer/service company recommended the system. Also, when I
> > did a sanity check by googling for other peoples' experiences and even
> > posting the proposal here on this newsgroup, the general response was
> > that DMP was high end and one of the best...
> >
> > Nobody, however, mentioned the restrictive dealer situation...
>
> if you want to diy you picked the wrong system..  why not go through your
> dealer?  are you having problems with them?

No. My dealer is actually very high quality and high service (and high
price) -- in fact, they primarily target the high end/high income
segment. Their ideal customer is one who would rather pay them to come
change the battery in a smoke detector.

They will certainly sell me a new keypad as long as I pay for them to
install it. However, that would take all the fun out of it since I get
a lot of pleasure of learning things and doing them myself. The money
saved by diy is only secondary and relatively small.

They (like most dealers) make most of their money from monitoring...