Re: Problems with an Ademco Vista-15... System won't arm, and it keeps counting?

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:32:23 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Stanley Barthfarkle" <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>| Could be that zones 49-63 have been inadvertently programmed into the
>| system. Anyone have the section numbers handy for those zones so he can
>| check?
>|

>| <iratable@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>| > Hoping someone might have run into this problem before. I've got a 5-
>| > year old Ademco Vista-15 which refuses to arm.
>| >
>| > The control pad -- a fixed-word display -- has a "check" status
>| > indicator on, and the alphanumeric section where I would expect to see
>| > zone data is counting from 49 to 63, then starting over again. (And
>| > over and over and over.)
>| >
>| > When tripping the sensors (total of 2 motion + 3 door) the control pad
>| > is correctly identifying the zones that are being triggered. Inputing
>| > the master code to turn the system off, place it in test mode, adjust
>| > other codes, or anything else for that matter seems to have no effect.
>| >
>| > Anybody run into something like this before? Could it be a simple
>| > matter of replacing a battery or something? (I couldn't find any
>| > descriptions via Google that matched my problem, so I'm not so sure.)
>| >
>| > Many thanks in advance for the help...

** TOP POSTING FIXED **

>*56 but he's gonna need the installer code and a programming keypad to get
>there.

And he will need a 6160 to see what's going on!  Maybe he can call
Sarasota or Brazil to find a workaround in 120 minutes or less
telephonically.