"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:45c13020$0$1885$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Another Joe" <whatever@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob La Londe" <alarm_wizard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "Another Joe" <whatever@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> The Napco P801 will handle 8 wireless alarm points no problem, and has
>>> dedicated 2 wire fire zone that works well with their own line of
>>> Firewold
>>> detectors or the ESL 2 wire smokes.
>>>
>>> Any Gem Wireless device will work with it (as far as I Know) just add
>>> the
>>> RECVXP8 receiver.  Their wireless smokes have given me no problems
>>> either.
>>> Just change the transmitter batteries regularly.
>>>
>>> In addition to the 8 wireless burg points it will also handle upto 4
>>> wireless smokes and 4 keyfobs.
>>>
>>> Its pretty easy to program if you fill out the work sheet in
>>> advance.  Its
>>> a little funny to program the wireless addresses, but its not to bad.
>>>
>>> P.S.  Is this Joe P. ?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sincerly,
>>> The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.
>>>
>>> The Security Consultant
>>> Bob La Londe - Owner
>>>
>>> (928) 782-9765 ofc
>>> (928) 782-7873 fax
>>>
>>> Licensed Contractor
>>> ROC103044 & ROC103047
>>>

>> yep, that's me,, I guess the FBI reference was a dead give away..... hate
>> to do it but it looks like we are about to join the wireless
>> generation...easy for you, but how easy for me with my programming
>> experience *limited* to the XL-2's, think I could do it?  when you say
>> wireless addresses, that would be like a MAC address... BTW- still
>> riding?
>

> I think they are way easier to program than an XL-2(X) series panel.  My
> first one took me maybe 20 minutes.  Now I fill the work sheet out and
> program one in about a minute and a half.
>
> Basically each transmitter has a hex address.  Its printed on the
> transmitter.  That's the only semi difficult part of programming one from
> the keypad and as always I'ld be glad to call the panel when you get the
> phone connected and check it for you.
>
> Yep, I still ride, but not as much as I used to.  My latest machine is a
> Kawasaki 1600 Mean Streak.  I may buy another new Harley sometime, but not
> this year.  Actually I fish bass tournaments more than ride these days, so
> it didn't make sense to buy another poser machine.  Just something to putt
> around on.
>

> --
> Sincerly,
> The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.
>
> The Security Consultant
> Bob La Londe - Owner
>
> (928) 782-9765 ofc
> (928) 782-7873 fax
>
> Licensed Contractor
> ROC103044 & ROC103047
>

> --

Not doing too much riding here myself until the road salt is gone, we had a
few 1-2 inch snows and now the roads are all whited out from the salt, if
they keep that up they will need to plow the salt soon...anyway I was asked
again so now I doing the research and site check (soon) to see how much they
need to cover, I'm thinking 3 doors, two wireless PIR's, smokes and maybe a
window or two. thanks for your help & everyone else who replied.  Bob, you
sell the P801 correct?