Re: HD CCTV Camera

 No one likes a know it all. It seems that most posters here know something
interesting or entertaining, just in different areas of the industry (or
about some other posters); but no one, especially me, knows it all.
Sometimes I post incorrect information just to see who jumps on it. It is a
crude way to flush out someone that has his head where my head is. So far no
one has posted a comment. I think the last bait I had out there was
mentioning using AvaLAN to back haul Arecont video. No one either noticed or
cared to post. I guess I haven't pissed in anyone's Post Toasties lately, so
they may be letting me slide. For the record the error is if you ever tried
that schema it wouldn't work well since the Arecont is too much of a
bandwidth hog to use AvaLAN at more than 2 frames per second with Arecont
Mpix cameras.

For your situation I think there is more of a future in CMOS versus CCD in
the Mpix security camera world and Sony doesn't really make a product that
competes there. If you have not looked at Arecont and their new smaller
camera bodies I suggest it. Arecont seems committed to using third party
DVR/NDVR like Bosch V8.1 and Verint Nextiva to name just a couple. Arecont
Mpix cameras will work with the Honeywell DVR so even the trunk slammers get
a crack at it. At least they won't be using screw on BNC connectors for once
(the premier badge of the true trunk slammer's handiwork as well as the
pretend CCTV "professionals"); they will just have to learn how to make a
proper RJ-45 connection. I bet I can hear it now over at the
over-the-counter distributors (a.k.a. trunk slammer central) where it will
be "Do you guys have one of those big phone plug thingy adapters to a coax?
If you do give me a dozen of those and a dozen of some twist on BNCs please
so I can mount these new cameras." Why can't idiots like that realize they
have no future in the security industry other than (perhaps) pulling cable?
Too many guys in this industry learned how to install the same way a chicken
learns to play the piano. Even when the law says they have to try to learn
something new, they sit there in class, happy to just eat, squawk, and shit.
How big a pile of crap do you have to get in the warehouse by yanking out
all the Geovision, Everfocus, Speco, and every other low end dirt ball
manufacturer's gear before its big enough to show new customers what NOT to
buy, and they will finally realize what junk that stuff really is; (not to
mention what an idiot the guy was that sold it to them and "installed" it)?

With the bankruptcy of Ipix, the 180 degree and 360 degree Mpix security
camera market may be getting new blood and money and may be ready to really
start moving. You might want to try to get yourself in front of the pack.