Re: Commander 2000 as standalone

Mark Leuck wrote:
> That was the default user code not the installer code, my guess is it will
> soon show a fail to communicate
>
> <floydboyd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks for all the answers!  But before I had a chance to read them or
>>call ADT, I went to the house after work to try the default access
>>code listed in the manual just for fun and to my surprise it worked!
>>Following the manual, I changed the code, tested the sensors and the
>>siren (it's, uh, loud), set the chime, and changed the speaker voice
>>volume.  These seem to be good signs.  Maybe I won't need to get a
>>phone line set up afterall, or a monitoring service, for now.
>>
>>As far as X-10 lamp modules or additional sensors are concerned, are
>>they considered "DIY"?
>>
>>Thanks again,
>>Eddie

Just use it as a local system. Anytime you have an alarm, just remember
that the damn thing will dial and dial for a while....then....wait 12
hours and start beeping (6 beeps per min).

Solution: After you have an alarm AND you are being harassed with
beeping, press your code + off , you code +9 , wait 3 seconds, your code
+1 to end the nightmare for this time.

Or something like that. It's even possible that the original owner
gracefully exited his account with ADT (doubtful) and they took out the
CS #.

It's also possible that the panel checks in periodically with the CS.
This also, will cause "The beeps of ear pain". Look for a Commander 2000
on Ebay or buy one from Jimenbass or Bassinex or whoever.

The commander 2000 is easy to program (it talks to you!), is a fairly
solid panel feature wise (x-10), however it reeks of "Fisher Price - My
   First Alarm Panel".

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be called out by people with "ADT says dialing in
  without an account is harassment!" or some other nonsense. If you
decide to live the nightmare with the original panel, unplug the RJ31X.

TMc