Re: Wiring in Winter

>Try workin' in -25 C.  That'll put some frost on that hair >on your face.

I have a beard. Unless I was driving south, I wouldn't even go outside
in -25 C, let alone try to work.

> That's plain dumb.  Get all your runs done before 0900.

Well it's not necessarily a new installation. In this area there are lots of
native pecan tress. Rodents, especially squirrels, like using those pecans
as a food resource. The animals then decide any adjacent structure with an
attic is a better place to hang out. Once there the pecan thing seems less
enticing than good old 22-2 loop wire. So no matter when you start your day,
when the service ticket for that location comes in you can bet you'll get to
spend some time in the attic repairing the gnaw fest. Some guys even bring
pellet guns on repeat calls to get rid of the pesky varmints. Then the
challenge is to sneak the carcass past the homeowner and the kids (because
they've probably named the stupid thing by that point). Other times,
sticking your head in a roof-top cupola and finding you're not alone can be
an experience to remember. Did I mention squirrels bite?