Re: Police Monitoring Alarm Accounts.....

"Crash Gordon" wrote:

> Paradise Valley, AZ used to (not sure if they still do or
> not)...their service sucked. For a while they tried to force people
> to be monitored by only them. They had a 6500 and one Ademco
> reciever and no software...just Rolodex cards. The CS was in a
> closet.

West Hartford, CT's police department, also used to monitor alarms.
Most were municipal, churches and a few industrial site fire alarm
systems.  They did not insist on monitoring all local alarms though.
Then one day the town decided to get out of the monitoring "business"
altogether.  Their receivers needed replacement and the decision was
made to give it up instead.  The fire marshal notified users that
they needed to change and, when asked, suggested they use any firm
with a central station in town.  There was only one such company --
mine.  We weren't UL listed since our CS was in a home/office (used
to belong to a dentist) but that made no difference since we didn't
monitor any banks.  Even the few small jewlers we monitored never had
an issue with their insurers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass