Re: Outside intruder detection

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:48:52 -0000, "Danny Provert"
<danny.provert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an intruder detection system for a garden - ideally one
>which can distinguish between people and livestock?
>
>Thanks.

The only motion detectors we've found to really work outside are
these: http://www.protechusa.com/Products/PIRAMIDXL2.htm

However, they're expensive and distinguishing between people and
livestock may be tough to do.  If you want to spend the money, there
are a lot of intelligent video systems that can do this.  Google
"intelligent video" and you'll see what I mean.