Re: T&A

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:44:57 -0600, "Roland Moore" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I never thought of Time and Attendance as being a part of the security
>industry. Other than linking the access control with the customer's existing
>T&A through the database, we never fool with it. A customer asked that we
>install some T&A readers at a few locations. Up until now when asked about
>T&A we have always had the good sense to say "no" as a standard answer. For
>some reason the sales guy wanted a to get a bite at it. So it seems that ADI
>sells a brand of T&A made by http://www.idttime.com/. I would have bet any
>amount of money that no such line was available from ADI. Now I am wondering
>if anyone here sells that brand or any other T&A brand, and just what other
>non security lines does ADI carry? Tropical fish accessories perhaps?

They're a Candian company that we've used for years.  It's pretty much
idiot proof in the fact that IDT dials into the system and programs
it.  They also offer direct to the end user tech support.  It's much
easier than access or networked CCTV to learn and install.  The major
challege is making sure that the customer provides accurate and
complete information to IDT concerning how they want it set up.  IDT
provides a multi-page form for the end user to fill out that answers
every question they need to program the system.