Re: Oh Sh** Moment

On Aug 25, 9:30 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I had a similar experience in a condo in CT many years ago except I went in up to my hips.  One of my techs was working nearby and
> > > heard me yell.  He came running and had a great laugh at the sight of my legs dangling through the ceiling.
>
> > > The customer had assured me that all the plywood flooring in the attic was screwed down.  I stepped on one piece that wasn't.  It
> > > was a bathroom ceiling.  I hired a drywall guy to replace the ceiling and repaint it.  Fortunately, the wallpaper wasn't damaged.
>
> > > The client was out of the country at the time.  I finished the installation and left a note explaining what had happened.  The
> > > drywaller did such a good job that the client said he couldn't tell anything had been done.  Other than a couple of bruised elbows
> > > and a little $$ loss, it worked out OK.  The lesson learned was never to believe anyone about attic flooring.  :)
>
> > > --
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Robert L Bass
>
> > Well, I glad to see you survived your bout with lung cancer.
> > I see you still like to tell tall tales though. I thought ceiling
> > studs down there were on 24 inch centres, no way you would have
> > stopped at the hips, in fact, I'm surprised they didn't find you in
> > the basement.-
>
> Not to worry Mikey. The odds are against him surviving the next 5
> years without a fatal reoccurrance. Usually brain, lung or pancreas.
> Not too much longer, considering ..............

Well, hullo there, Jim
It's been awhile. I miss my old newsreader and am trying to get used
to google reader so don't check in as much as I used to. I find it too
much of a pain to follow the action and of course, still lots of crap
to wade through.
Good to see some familiar faces.... too bad Bass still likes poking
folks in the eye, first email I read was his lame use of his
detractors' names as verbs used in a derogatory manner. Quite pathetic
that he has to resort to that to market an internet drop-shipping
business.