Re: FS: (18) LCD1901HD 19" HD LCD MONITORS, NEW IN BOX

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> I have seen an average of 300-500 percent
>>> markups at ADI and other wholesalers...
>
> Agreed.  I don't buy CCTV equipment from ADI.
> The only exception is Honeywell (which owns
> ADI).
>
> These are ToteVision monitors and if you know
> anything about ToteVision you know they are
> excellent and that the prices I'm charging are
> rock bottom.
>
> Jim Rojas can tell you (now that he knows
> they are ToteVision) the same things.

ToteVision is a quality product, but there are a number of less
expensive solutions that offer the same resolution and image quality but
at a price that's substantially less.  You can't use a comparison
between the ELK M-1Gold and another home automation or security
controller.  You'll have to find panels with the same specs.  In the
early days of LCD screens it used to be that the horizontal field of
view wasn't all that great (you practically had to be sitting in front
of the screen).  That's not the case anymore, and screen brightness and
contrast ratios don't vary all that much between the different
manufacturers.  Considering you're in the DIY market you should be
looking for products people can afford.