Ext Cord Alarm

Hi I was wanted to see if anybody knows how this is done. I was
working on a Radionics Panel and somebody set up a extension cord to
arm wheels. The extension cord plugs in to a regular outlet and on the
outlet connecting the normal Neutral and Hot sides of the outlet a EOL
resistor was used. Then the ext cord ran into the building into a
Junction Box. I didn't want to drag in a ladder to see it. I just
wondered how that would hook up in the junction box. directly to a
popit? or what? THANKS!