Re: I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT ADT AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS

There actually is a FCC  standard that covers wiring and proper phone jacks
to be used and how products perform regarding telco line siezure etc etc.
such as straight solid pair wiring is no longer recomended  it must be
twisted  cat 3 or better but there are no fcc police going to come bang on
your door about it it is a standard.

How ever if a company does not follow the standard and causes interference
to the phone network  they can be cited  by fcc if it is an extrardianry
case  or if a fire or burg  system  fails to properly sieze a phone line and
a system failure results because signal did not go out during fire
etc.becuse the standard was not folowed
the civil liabilty part comes in and when it is taken to court these
standards are cited as cause of the failure .
and it is part of what a jury conciders in determining a verdict.and then
damages if warranted.

Same thing goes when i investigate fire or fire caused failure I follow
NFPA921 in how i should conduct an investigation using the scientific
method. this is the standard used in courts to insure a proper fire
investigation takes place.