I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT ADT AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS

I'm under the impression that my ADT system was hooked up in violation
of federal law and need information on whether or not it is illegal
for the system to be hooked up simply to a line inside the house, and
not the outside line to allow line seizure.

ADT hooked up my system and never mentioned anything about it being
hooked up incorrectly.  When I tried to cancel on those grounds, they
refused to waive my de-activation fee and stated that I was still
under contract with them even though I signed a contract for a 100%
operable system.

They offered to fix it and credit my account for a few months, but I
can't trust them knowing that if something had happened, my wife and
child could have been hurt.

If I knew where to find the federal statute, I would really have a
case.

Can anybody help?

Please email Fivebucs@xxxxxxxxxxx with any information you can help
with.  Thanks!