Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

Thank you for the responses.  I'll get the monitoring company on the
phone tonight to see if we can work something out.  I hadn't planned
on getting land line phone service, so they'll definitely need to at
least send someone out.  I'll let you guys know what they say.  I
would have simply called them right off, but assumed they'd just tell
me they owned the system and I needed to sign up for monitoring no
matter what.

I'm inclined in this case to trust the previous owner.  Long story
short, they built a new house and the homebuilding company bought
their old house as part of a "guaranteed sale" program so they no
longer had any interest in the sale of the home.  Of course, it was an
elderly couple and they may simply be mistaken.  Then I could be in
trouble.  We'll see.

Thanks for the help so far!