Re: Mini Storage Security

In Florida most of the mini storage places I've
seen have very simple systems.  There are
gates which control ingress and egress.  Each
user gets a code.  Cameras are installed around
the perimeter of each building but not inside.
I asked the owner of one place why he doesn't
install cameras inside the corridors.  He said
that there's a state law prohibiting it here.  I
didn't check but I suspect that was BS.

I sell DoorKing and several other brands of
access control in my online store.  A few mini
storage places have ordered systems but so
far none have gotten the gate operators through
us.  That's a job which requires mechanical
skills that most DIYers don't possess.  Also,
because gate operators can kill, there may be
justifiable concern about liability.  It's not like
security and fire alarms which anyone can
install for himself.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass