Re: PR: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

Jim, having recently experienced a similiar song and dance with ADT, I
can appreciate how you feel at this moment. I wish you all the luck in
the world in this suit and will be following this with much interest.

A couple of things to keep in mind regardless of the correctness (or
not) of their lawsuit. These big companies (just like governments) can
be real bastards in wearing you down. They have all the money in the
world while companies like ours have limited resources. Corporate
lawyers are experts at dragging things out hoping to wear you down
financially, allowing them to win by default. At some point you may be
forced to think about the consequences of continuing a struggle with
limited value to you even if you win. I'm not suggesting for a moment
that you throw in the towel if you and your lawyer feel you are
correct; however, at some point, there may also be merit in sitting
down and discussing the situation and coming up with a mutually
agreeable "compromise". Your lawyer should tell you realistically your
chances of winning in your situation. In my case, I was able to do
that by giving up concessions to them which were of no consequence to
me whatsoever (never to mention ADT by name on my website...big
deal...didn't say anything about not using the term "borg" or "big
blue" though....)

Whatever happens, we will all be watching this with great interest.
Keep your chin up! David really can beat Goliath, but sometimes not
always in the most obvious way. Just make sure that if you win the
battle, you don't lose the war in the process.

RHC