Re: Error check list for GEM-P9600 codes

The system is telling you that there must be at least one zone programmed as an Entry/Exit delay zone for the "follower" function to
work.  To understand this you need to see how "follower" works.

When you enter through a normal, delay door the system starts a countdown.  During that time all follower zones will also grant you
a delay.  This is used when you have to pass in front of a motion detector to get from the door to the keypad.

If a thief breaks in through a window and passes those same motion detectors there will be no delay.  The alarm will trip
immediately.

Because follower zones rely on an Exit/Entry zone being tripped first (to distinguish between you and a burglar) the system insists
that you program at least one sensor -- usually a magnetic door sensor (aka a contact) for Entry/Exit delay.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics