Re: Can anyone help me?

This is not a federal situation. The only way it could be a state situation
is if your State Fire Marshal's office requires it and that in highly
unlikely since the SFM office is there to support the local AHJ's for
uniformity of adopted code, to handle the state governmental buildings,
state property and any area that many not fall under a particular AHJ. If
the local AHJ has made a policy or the city/county has passed an ordinance
to have any fire system in that jurisdiction fall under "central station
service" in the adopted code (NFPA 72), then they will prevail, if not, you
will fall under the code of  "proprietary supervising station systems".
Third party certification or placarding does not come into play  under that
definition. Your insurance company could require third party verification of
your operations, but again this is unlikely or it would have already been
done. To maintain your proprietary status, be careful not to monitor
anything outside properties owned and occupied by your company. You cannot
monitor the vice president's home for instance. One persons opinion is not
an ironclad stamp of approval. It is all in NFPA 72. That is for fire. The
Michigan State Police handle the burg licensing. You may want to check with
them, but again it is usually the insurance companies that drive the UL or
FM certification programs. The Department of Professional Regulation and
Education in Springfield, Ill. should be able to give you some assistance in
Illinois. Don't be suprised if neither are much help on this issue.