Re: Ranger American yahoos.

Bob Worthy wrote:
> "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > You guys install the keypad next to light switches? tsk tsk tsk
>
> Never fear. The wire is not running next to the romex. We come down in
> another stud bay vertically, then horizonally to the ring or box maintaining
> separation. 6-8 inches above or horizonal to light switch. Are there are
> other concerns I am missing? <

No other concerns. I'm glad you caught what I was referring to. You are
probably in the minority industry-wide when it comes to running the
wire properly. With many of the new keypads having wireless receivers
built in, and with slammers running the keypad wire next to the
electrical wiring, it should make for some comical future posts from
end users wondering why their alarm is faulting and why the installer
doesn't know the answer.