Re: COMM failed status of Fire Alarm 8000 series

Hi Friends,

I think i have found a way to solve it.

Since the Fire Alarm cant receive from my PC (it only sends to my PC),
i use Tx of RS232 of my PC side and short it to pin 8, CTS. Then, i use
a timer to trigger MSComm1.Output in which Tx will send something to
CTS.

If we disconnect the connector to the PC, the Tx and CTS are not
shorted anymore and there's no more sending from Tx to CTS.

Albert